SHIPPING to all New Zealand regions
COMMENCAL FRS ESSENTIAL HERITAGE GREEN 2022
The image of this model is not a photo but in fact a 3D representation. The studio photos with the specs listed below will be available very shortly.
The FRS is a sleek bike with timeless lines. It can shake up times on the clock thanks to its energy and it's guaranteed to put a smile on the face of riders who love steep freeride lines, letting loose and just having big fun.
Designing this FRS was not so easy.
It is seemingly simple, yet it is a melting pot of technology, which draws on our experience from the design and engineering of its predecessors. The work done for this year revolves around three key points - kinematics, geometry and frame construction - all bringing more performance and reliability.
We believe that it is 100% essential to work with only the best materials. Therefore, we are using a series of Aluminium triple butted (AL 6066) tubes which offer several advantages:
- Tube shapes are improved to enhance mechanical characteristics.
- The weight of the frame is optimised and the longitudinal and transverse flex is controlled.
With the kinematics we retain two distinct anchor positions for the rocker/linkage which are easily modifiable to:
- Be able to use a spring or air shock independently without having to make compromises.
- Enable the choice between a setting focused on grip (sensitive) or liveliness (responsive).
- Allow for the 2 curves of the kinematics to be linear for better connection with the ground (the tyre/ground contact is truer) and more comfort through the travel.
- Ride with less SAG without it being uncomfortable.
As reliability is also one of our major points, we've worked on the details that make the difference:
- The bearings are oversized, and the rocker is designed to minimise the stress applied to the shock. This ensures better operation and optimises reliability.
- The shock absorber support is embedded in the down tube. The line of the frame is cleaned of all elements that may complicate it.
A few points on the finishes:
- The cables pass the main pivot point as closely as possible in order to reduce displacement and wear.
- New inserts on the head tube allow the joints to hold perfectly.
- The double density injected chain stay protector is completely revised. The body is made of polypropylene for excellent fit on the chain stay.
- The FRS is fitted with down tube protection. No more worrying about rock bashes, chips or rubbing in the back of a pick-up.
FRS. DH in all forms and without any compromises.
About the FURIOUS ESSENTIAL KESWICK GREEN
We think the Keswick Green finish on this FURIOUS reflects its capabilities to ride all terrain! One thing is certain with this HAYES edition, you will go fast, very fast!
We opted for FOX suspension with the 40 Performance Grip fork and Float X2 Performance shock which have a wide range of adjustability and high-ranking performance. The HAYES Dominion A4 4-piston brakes in ???full black' colour provide progressive and powerful braking from beginning to end. These are the brakes Angel Suarez and the COMMENCAL 21 Team use at World Cups! You're in safe hands. The SRAM GX DH 7-speed transmission matches perfectly with the intended use of our FURIOUS. Finally, the reputation of the SPANK Spike Race 33 wheels is well established and they're perfect for riders looking for reliability.
FRAMEFURIOUS, 200 mm travel
27.5'', Alloy 6069, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
SHOCKFOX Float X2 Performance
250 x 75 mm, LSC, LSR
FORKFOX 40 Performance, 203 mm travel
27.5", Fit Grip damper, LSC, LSR, Float Evol, Boost (20 x 110 mm), 52 mm offset
HEADSETACROS ZS44 / ZS56
Alloy cups, sealed bearings
STEMRIDE ALPHA DH 40
40 mm extension, direct mount, 31.8 mm
BARRIDE ALPHA R27
31.8 mm, 780 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061
BRAKESHAYES DOMINION A4, 4 pistons
Rotor: HAYES D-series 203 mm, 6-bolt
SHIFTERSSRAM GX DH
CHAIN GUIDEE13 TRS
REAR MECHSRAM GX DH
BOTTOM BRACKETSRAM DUB
CRANKSETTRUVATIV Descendant DH, 165 mm crank arms, DUB
Chainring: TRUVATIV Descendant DH X-Sync, 34t
CASSETTESRAM GX DH
7 sp, 11-25t
RIMSSPANK Spike Race 33
27.5'', 32h, 28 mm inner width, Tubeless Ready
HUBSRear: FORMULA DHG-150 - Front: FORMULA DHL-93
Rear: 32h, sealed bearings - Front: 32h, sealed bearings
SPOKES / NIPPLESDT SWISS Competition
J-Bend, 2.0-1.8-2.0 mm, double butted, stainless, with Nylok, black
TYRESRear: MAXXIS Dissector - Front: MAXXIS Assegai
Rear: 27.5"x2.4"WT, DD casing, 3C, TR - Front: 27.5"x2.5"WT, DD casing, 3C, TR
SEATPOSTSDG Micro I-Beam
31.6 mm, 250 mm length
SADDLESDG Patriot I-Beam
WEIGHT15,9 KG / 35.05 LB
Average weight for S size, without pedals. Weight may differ slightly due to manufacturing tolerances.
ACCESSORIESDown tube protector, chainstay protector, seatstay protector, shuttle pad, fork bumpers
BICYCLE TYPEDescente / Freeride
FRAME MATERIALAl 6069T6
FRAME WEIGHT4,1 kg / 9.03 lb
REAR TRAVEL200 mm
SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE250 mm / 75 mm
PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLEYes
SHOCK BUSHINGS20 x 8 mm / 30 x 10 mm
RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT581mm / 595 mm
HEADSET DIMENSIONTAPERED 1-1/8" / 1-1/2"
MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO)65 mm
DISC BRAKE STANDARD Postmount 200 mm
REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE203 mm
SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER31,6 mm / 34,9 mm
BOTTOM BRACKET TYPEPress Fit BB 107
FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPENo
REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY150 x 12 mm