SHIPPING to all New Zealand regions
Totally redesigned, the POWER 29 Team now has a neater appearance thanks to the introduction of an integrated battery but that's by no means the only evolution. This Team edition is an exemplary model and just oozes sophistication. It's no wonder when you look at the build, all with an almost completely discreet battery. The frame itself has been re-worked to give a better weight distribution in relation to the battery and will give both bike and rider better manoeuvrability and dynamism. The workings of the suspension system has also been improved.
Depending of course on what you're looking for, the Shimano E8000 motor is arguably the best e-MTB motor on the market in relation to what it offers and together with RockShox suspension, SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain and Code brakes, this beauty will bring a new electricity to your mountain biking! The smooth appearance of this e-bike is only accentuated by the replica COMMENCAL VALLNORD Teams looks and other parts such as the e-MTB specific DT Swiss wheelset which finish everything off perfectly for you to POWER away on.Additional Information
FRAME2020 META Power 29 (integrated battery), 160 mm travel
29'', Alloy 6066, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
250 W, 70 Nm
SHOCKROCKSHOX SuperDeluxe Ultimate
230 x 60 mm, low speed compression, rebound, lockout
FORKROCKSHOX Lyrik Ultimate RC2, 170 mm travel
29", Charger 2.1 damper, Debonair, low speed / high speed compression, rebound, Boost (15 x 110 mm), 51 mm offset
HEADSETACROS Alloy cups ZS44/ZS56
ZS44/ZS56, sealed bearings
STEMRIDE ALPHA Freeride, 50 mm
31,8 mm, 0° angle, 2014 alloy
BARRIDE ALPHA, 20 mm rise, 780 mm, 31,8 mm
7050 alloy, double butted
GRIPSRIDE ALPHA, DH Grips, black
Ultra soft compound, single clamp
BRAKESSRAM Code RSC, 200 mm / 200 mm
SHIFTERSSRAM GX Eagle, 12 sp, Single click
CHAIN GUIDERIDE ALPHA 34t
Shimano Steps specific
REAR MECHSRAM XO1 Eagle, 12 sp
CRANKSSHIMANO XT E8050, 165 mm
RINGSRAM X-SYNC EAGLE, 34t
CHAINSRAM GX Eagle, 12 sp
CASSETTESRAM GX Eagle, 12 sp
RIMSDT SWISS H1700 Spline
32 holes, 30.5 mm inner width, tubeless ready
HUBSDT SWISS H1700 Spline
32 holes, 6 bolts, 15 x 110 mm front, 12 x 148 mm rear, XD freehub body
SPOKES / NIPPLESDT SWISS
TYRESSCHWALBE Magic Mary, 29x2.35 / SCHWALBE Magic Mary, 29x2.35
Super Gravity, Addix Soft compound / Super Gravity, Addix Soft compound
SEATPOSTKINDSHOCK Lev Integra
31.6 mm, Southpaw alloy lever, 125 mm on S, 150 mm on M, 175 mm on L and XL
SADDLEFABRIC Scoop Flat Elite
Team Edition, crmo rails
WEIGHT23,5 kg / 51.8 lbs
COLOURBoxxer Red / Chalk grey
Shiny clear coat
ACCESSORIESRIDE ALPHA CNC Alloy pedals, motor protector, chainstay protector, seatstay protector, battery charger, user manual
BATTERY RECYCLINGpartnership with SHIMANO
In partnership with SHIMANO, COMMENCAL supports a voluntary battery recycling program for ebike batteries. For each META POWER sold COMMENCAL will contribute 7EUR to fundraising organisation COREPILE. This sum is paid through SHIMANO France. When your battery reaches the end of its life, it would be great if you could send it back to us for recycling.
Contact us for more info on the procedure.
BICYCLE TYPEE-bike Enduro 29"
FRAME MATERIALAL-6061 + AL-6066
REAR TRAVEL160 mm
SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE230 x 60 mm
PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLEYes
SHOCK BUSHINGS20 x 10 mm front / 12,7 x 10 mm rear
RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT571 mm / 581 mm
HEADSET TYPEZS44 / ZS56
MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO)65 mm - 622
DISC BRAKE STANDARD Postmount 160 mm
REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE220 mm
SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER31,6 mm / 34,9 mm
BOTTOM BRACKET TYPESHIMANO
ISCGYes (SHIMANO Standard)
FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPENo
REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY12 x 148 mm, Maxle standard
- "Very stable, it avoids zigzagging and stays on course. But it's sure that the bike has the ability to remain grounded both at the front and back, which gives it a perfect traction."
"So we quickly realized that the COMMENCAL META POWER 29 is particularly fond of steep and technical terrain. Both uphill and downhill!"
"It sometimes seems limitless as soon as you start the steepest trails at a good tempo. It tolerates, it takes it, it forgives, it reassures. It sticks to the ground, it preserves the tyres, it adapts to speed and gives confidence. In fact, it gives wings where others start to sound the alarm!"VTTAE.FR
- "We never felt like we got to the limits of the bike ??? no matter how hard we pushed, the META POWER 29 still had reserves to give."
"Where the new COMMENCAL really comes alive is on demanding descents."
"The geometry puts you in a very comfortable and balanced position right from the get-go, and the bike stays confident and controllable no matter how demanding the trails become."E-Mountain Bike
- In loose, rocky, rooty downhill chutes, the linear suspension does exactly what COMMENCAL said it would, and helps to ensure your tyre tracks the group and maintain grip.
While the motor is giving you a major boost up any climb. the updated geometry of the META POWER Team really comes into its own too.SINGLETRACK
- "At ease on fast and bumpy terrain, the META POWER 29 also does very well in technical and winding areas." / "On the hill, what surprises us immediately, and what will not stop impressing us, is the grip of this bike."VOJO MAG
- I love my META POWER 29!! The bike has a beautiful look. It is well equipped with everything I need for long rides. I was expecting it to be heavier, but in fact, it did not bother me at all. The bike is truly playful, you can jump big, ride real enduro tracks and DH. What I discovered and loved was the ease of nailing uphill technical climbs. I found a lot of similarities with moto in relation to finding grip and balance. I climbed trails that I would not have attempted with my META.Rémi Thirion